Sunday, June 26, 2011

Back in San Diego for the Summer


Haven't blogged in over a year. It is hard to have time while trying to surrive financially, emotionally etc. in Brazil. But, here I am...back in California for 2 or so months soaking up the Southern California sunshine in San Diego and working at my old job at ELS teaching international students English. I am having major reverse culture shock. I am so Brazilian in ways now that I feel weird in my own country now a lot of the times. But, I am also so grateful to be here to be with family and friends and enjoy creature comforts like cozy couches and beds, and the infrastructure that is majorily lacking compared with Brazil. I want to write my next entry about the differences of living in both places. I am on a quest for balance.
"Having spent the better part of my life trying either to relive the past or experience the future before it arrives, I have come to believe that in between these two extremes is peace." ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment